Partner of an autistic adult

Hi. Slightly scared of being here as I’ve always been someone who can find a solution to everything but getting to the point where I don’t know any more how to deal with my autistic partner’s daily challenges.  We are now at a situation where he 24/7 cannot cope with any aspect of everyday life & even the slightest thing can result in hours of physical & verbal aggression. We have virtually no time each week when he is not in a heightened state of anger, annoyance or frustration. We agreed 2 years ago that I would keep working and he could just be at home because work was a massive trigger for him, but for the last 12 months me working has been a further trigger for him.   I know that the physical aggression isn’t intentional but has got to the point over recent months that it has caused obvious physical injury & emotional pain.  His anger has become worse since he was refused PIP 3 years ago because he is more highly functional than he will give himself credit for.   Any support or insight appreciated as I’m getting to point where I genuinely don’t know what to do for the best. 

Parents
  • perhaps you working is a trigger for him because as a man he thinks that he should be the bread winner and he feels less manly for you working and him staying at home maybe?

not sure how to solve that though if thats the case lol needs more thought beyond that.

• perhaps you working is a trigger for him because as a man he thinks that he should be the bread winner and he feels less manly for you working and him staying at home maybe?

not sure how to solve that though if thats the case lol needs more thought beyond that.

Children
  • and ofcourse getting angry over not getting pip also shows that the issue may be in him not being able to provide. he perhaps wants to provide and bring in money but cant figure out a way to do so. perhaps feels like dead weight, useless, but wants to be a provider and wants to be of use.