Hello

Hi there,

i thought I’d pop in and say hello to everyone. Hello. 

Initially I thought this was a community for those who were confirmed with ASD but I was wrong. 

Earlier this year I had, I think, a breakdown. I felt stressed with work, I hated it, I found myself verbally lashing out at people, my mood like a yo-yo to the point that I was referred to healthy minds who referred me onto my local CMHT.

Initially, I was informed that I could be suffering with bi-polar, borderline personality disorder or both. I was asked to complete a mood diary which after 2 days I found I couldn’t focus on it and found it difficult so didn’t do it.

Recently I’ve had a second appointment with CMHT where the consultant read my notes from the previous assessment and a letter I sent and she said that reading through the history her indication would be ASD and asked me to complete a 50 questionnaire. 

My little brother was confirmed to be on the spectrum and since that my mom did suspect the same for me, growing up in the 90s was a different time compared to more recent times so I had no assessments etc as a child, as we shared similar traits.

So I sent my questionnaire back last week and I suppose I just wait now. I’m told it could take up to 2 years to be assessed so I guess I’ve just gotta wait it out now…

Anyway, Im having a difficult time at the moment in life and I’m finding it hard to talk to anyone on how I’m feeling. I feel low, tired (even if I sleep for a solid 8 hours), and getting annoyed over small things.

Nothing I do is giving me any pleasure and I just get bored real quick. I could start to watch TV but after 10 minutes I’ve lost interest. I find it hard to be people, and can’t keep a conversation going so I’ve no friends. I suppose I feel lost in life .

I’m sorry for the loooong introduction and waffling on about me. How are you? Did you have a good Monday? 

Parents
  • maybe you have ADHD as well ---- its common for people to have ASC and ADHD ....  just saying

BTW welcome to this forum Slight smile

feel free to partake in any of the discussions or start a new one yourself.

• maybe you have ADHD as well ---- its common for people to have ASC and ADHD ....  just saying

BTW welcome to this forum Slight smile

feel free to partake in any of the discussions or start a new one yourself.

Children
No Data