Help

I have struggled with the traits of what I know to be autism for all my life I am now 61. All the tests indicate I am fairly high on the high functioning scale but suffer from serious issues that sour my relationships with my wife and kids. I suffer from 

emotional outbursts (lots and severe)

Must have order and routine

Cannot multitask

Very thing and process focus 

hard to emotionally connect

Parents
  • Very thing and process focus

It takes patience to acquire patience. No seriously dealing with infuriating people you can’t just wash your hands of is one of the best ways I know to acquire self control.

maybe your life has been too insular. Maybe you need to got out there and rub shoulders with the morons and pillocks that populate the world to realise your own family aren’t that bad.

That doesn’t seem like a problem so long as you accept the order and routine to fix on has to be one your family can live with.

Cannot multitask

Try to plan things ahead so you don’t have to.

That’s just part of who you are. You need to explain to your family that problem solving is one of your ways of expressing care for them.

Have you tried spending time with your family? Recreationally? Doing things you both enjoy? Maybe this needs to be part of your routine.

• Very thing and process focus

It takes patience to acquire patience. No seriously dealing with infuriating people you can’t just wash your hands of is one of the best ways I know to acquire self control.

maybe your life has been too insular. Maybe you need to got out there and rub shoulders with the morons and pillocks that populate the world to realise your own family aren’t that bad.

That doesn’t seem like a problem so long as you accept the order and routine to fix on has to be one your family can live with.

Cannot multitask

Try to plan things ahead so you don’t have to.

That’s just part of who you are. You need to explain to your family that problem solving is one of your ways of expressing care for them.

Have you tried spending time with your family? Recreationally? Doing things you both enjoy? Maybe this needs to be part of your routine.

Children
No Data