Hello folks!

I've just joined this online community group because I think it's a good place to refer to when you need answers to any questions about Autism or even advice on how to get round any issues or problems we may have. I was late diagnosed at 36 (5 years ago) which was a shock because it was unexpected and has taken quite a few years for it to sink in. There are a number of things I would like some assistance with so, I am looking forward to talking to you all and hoping there's a chance to make new friends here too. ;-)

Kind regards, 

Laura. 

Parents
  • Hello. 

I was late diagnosed as well, at 42,

For me it was long sought explanation to a question, that was nagging me all my life: ''what is it with me?''

you are lucky to be spared life among NTs  :P

to live away from people is a dream I wish to come true for me one day

I would say majority of active people on forum were late diagnosed

Where are those diagnosed as kids? are they so well sorted they do not seek any advice?

• I was diagnosed at 16 but my brother was at 4 so for me it seems like a late diagnosis but I'm slowly learning that I was diagnosed relatively early

Trust me, I'm really not sorted. I'm about to enter uni and there's such a lack of support that I want to cry every day :(

But seeing late diagnosers is inspiring because many of you have jobs and partners and kids or live alone, which are all things that I'm scared I'll never be able to do

• Don't be scared

life is worth living, so many interesting things to learn and see

I did not say ''do'', it is what an NT would say probably Stuck out tongue

It is easier if you do not try to compare yourself to what other people expect from you, especially family.

I am sure you will do great at uni if you forget about social side of it, I wasted so much time trying to fit in without luck. Now I know why.

About crying I say: I cried out an ocean as a kid, and it is dry now.

• Don't be scared

life is worth living, so many interesting things to learn and see

I did not say ''do'', it is what an NT would say probably Stuck out tongue

It is easier if you do not try to compare yourself to what other people expect from you, especially family.

I am sure you will do great at uni if you forget about social side of it, I wasted so much time trying to fit in without luck. Now I know why.

About crying I say: I cried out an ocean as a kid, and it is dry now.

Children