Any help would be much appreciated

Hi

My son is recently been referred, I’m very clueless and feel very lost. I don’t really no where to start, he’s 8 years old, and back in may the school said they had someone coming in to assess him, the lady called me after the assessment and said that she thinks he may be on the spectrum and also shows signs of adhd, it was all very vague and over the phone due to covid, she said she was putting through a referral. I haven’t heard anything else since, I plan too ring the school and ask for a meeting now they are back, but I didn’t even receive the report from his assessment.

since the phone call, I can notice several things, he really struggles socially and spends most playtimes on his own (this breaks me). In some social situations I.e this weekend he’s been at his dads and I’ve had several phone calls because of his behaviour. His dad took him to the park with friends children and adults, he was playing football and kicked off massively because they wouldn’t play his way, he hit one of them and raised his fist to another. He hates people cheering and I think that’s what set him off, but he couldn’t explain this or get his feelings across. He struggles to sit still or do simple tasks like getting himself dressed. He is also very literal.

I’m just struggling with how I should be dealing with it, should I tell him to sit still? Should I try and get him to play with other kids? Sounds still writing it but I don’t no how to deal with the behaviours and I don’t want to make things worse..

any help appreciated 

thank you x

Parents Reply Children
No Data