Hello!

Hi all,

Am new here. A little nervous. Wanting to say something to connect with others, but not really sure how to do it on a forum with "niceties". Slight smile (Have stayed offline and off social media for a good number of months to years (depending on the platform), now.)

A question I could ask, about which I wonder if others experience the same, is: When it comes to "symmetry", do you have any "unusual" things you like or need to be symmetrical?

For example, I didn't think I really had a need for symmetry, in terms of the common organising of physical items.

But then I started to analyse the type of music and sounds I like to listen to. Then I discovered that I really only like sounds that are completely symmetrical, in terms of panning, or fade-in and fade-out, or patterns of pitch. I also really like music that is structured A-B-A; it's the only structure that to me feels satisfyingly complete.

Does anyone here have anything like that?

Parents
  • Music wise I've never really thought about symmetry... I'll pay more attention next time I drive somewhere (the only time I play music really). I prefer female vocal music (well females voices in general really)... but I can rarely understand the lyrics... it's more about the sound.

I remember years ago being sad when my art teacher pronounced my final peice as "derivative and unnecessarily symmetrical".

• Your art story made me grin. Unnecessarily symmetrical!!! As if. Lol.

Reply Children
No Data