Photophobia in children.

My son has been to the hospital and had some X-rays taken of his teeth. Apparently the flashes severely affected him.

Has anyone had similar issues?

Looking to get him some suitable eye wear to block out the light sensitivity. Any ideas or suggestions that obviously don’t break the bank, as for occasional use I expect.

Nick

• How exactly did it affect him? I think different coloured lenses are used for different types of sensitivity so it may be best to go to an optician. Does he wear glasses? I find some of my light sensitivities can be worse when my glasses are no longer the correct prescription. Maybe it would be an idea to try and have his eyes tested anyway if you haven’t already? I didn’t have my eyes tested until I was 10 because I realised one day that I couldn’t read the blackboard anymore.

the rnib has some info on light sensitivity but more in the context of eye conditions. They do also sell a variety of different coloured  tinted glasses but they look more adult sized. If your son is a teen they might be a good start if he knows what colour he thinks would help and it’s difficult to get an optician appointment