Newbie & relationships

Hi I am Rearna, 22 years old from Manchester recently on the 22nd of May 2021 I was diagnosed with autism. I never really knew something was right until I got in to my working life, I was also diagnosed with dislexia in college. I am finding it hard to come to terms with myself being autistic and I struggle when it comes to relationships and always get too emotionally attached pretty quickly which leads me to vulnerability and being guilable is there anything that anyone can help me with to understand why and what I can do to stop this from happening? 

Parents
  • I can't give advice, I'm afraid, I can only relate. I'm very gullible, been lied to and cheated on in most of my relationships. Found someone I thought was different but she did the same, and I just came to the conclusion that I was better off alone than inviting people into my life who I knew would hurt me. Shitty outlook to have but it's just self preservation, and it became harder to go through the motions of dating because it all started to feel so repetitive, the same conversations with different people about the same subjects, it all started to feel more lonely than sitting at home getting drunk and watching Wyatt Earp did, but I realised I enjoy doing that stuff more than going to pubs or clubs or any of the 'normal' stuff, I'd rather get high and go to a castle or something myself but I'm weird Stuck out tongue

I'm also drunk at the moment so apologies for the ramble. 

• I can't give advice, I'm afraid, I can only relate. I'm very gullible, been lied to and cheated on in most of my relationships. Found someone I thought was different but she did the same, and I just came to the conclusion that I was better off alone than inviting people into my life who I knew would hurt me. Shitty outlook to have but it's just self preservation, and it became harder to go through the motions of dating because it all started to feel so repetitive, the same conversations with different people about the same subjects, it all started to feel more lonely than sitting at home getting drunk and watching Wyatt Earp did, but I realised I enjoy doing that stuff more than going to pubs or clubs or any of the 'normal' stuff, I'd rather get high and go to a castle or something myself but I'm weird Stuck out tongue

I'm also drunk at the moment so apologies for the ramble. 

Children
No Data