Introduction I guess?

Hello,

My name is Harry and I'm currently living in Buckinghamshire. 17 nearly 18 and I'm currently doing my A-levels.

Got diagnosed as autistic at 17 and it has explained so much stuff in my life it is kinda insane. I'm never going to look at myself the same way ever again that's for sure.

I've had a relatively interesting medical past, diagnosed with CFS at 12 and then anxiety at 13. I will never forget when the CAMHS therapist for my anxiety said that all my sensory issues were caused by anxiety! These two diagnoses caused me to look over my now-obvious with hindsight autistic traits as rather being caused by these conditions.

I do very well at school due to my memory being extremely good at holding onto random knowledge but at the same time I'm awful with names.

Let's just say the last almost year has been a wild ride to say the very least, finding out so much about my self.

So yeah, I guess that's kinda it.

Parents
  • OK Welcome to this Forum again Slight smile

just for others CFS is also known as ME.  

was your CFS/ME treated in any way ?

• I had a few therapy sessions discussing how I can be helped. Got a heavily reduced timetable from school. That kind of stuff. Luckily after about 3 years I started to dramatically improve and 2 years ago I was discharged from it. Both parents and I agree that it was probs just autistic burnout in some way though as it happened right after the beginning of secondary school.

• it was a pity you where misdiagnosed  but at least now you know.

It is a common thing that people can get misdiagnosed which can mess people up quite a bit.

Glad to hear your parents are being supportive and your school is responding positively as well. 

Are you aiming for university or are you like me at my A levels " I havent a clue what i want to be " ?

• probably just very busy  

• Yeah it is hot. At the moment I can't book it on the NHS website so I guess it has to be updated or something? I really dislike this weather.

• i like ur "football" vs  "handegg" joke image 

yes get your vaccine if u can 

gg

i have things to do,,,,,  the sun forced me inside for a bit its so hot here !

• Yeah I do very well at school so that's why I'm aiming at some of the top unis. Due to COVID this course is actually barely enrolled right now, clearing is still open for this year let alone next school year when I'll be applying. The high entry requirments are more due to it being Leeds which is considered a good uni and it is part of the Russell Group. I'm expecting my predicted grades to be A* A* A which is definitely enough to apply to these top unis.

• ok i did notice people moving between channels  I'll bear that in mind.

i got into uni with a B,C and E  :)    

---  It must by quite technical or perhaps very popular.

Put your head down and go for it I say. 

• I got A* A* A in my latest UCAS mocks. My backup/insurance uni is Coventry where I'd be doing 'Aviation Management' where it is triple B which I should definitely be able to achieve.

• Tough requirements!    Can you meet those?     Do you have a plan B?

• I switch between different channels all the time depending on where people are talking. For the aviation degree, it depends on the course. Not that many aviation management degrees actually exist so I'm also applying to some more generic 'Management' degrees. This one course at Leeds I'm looking at called 'Aviation Technology with Pilot Studies and Management' has triple A entry requirements with one fo them having to be Maths or Physics and the other two can basically be anything. I do Geography, Psychology and Physics so this is basically my ideal course for me. The other management degrees basically have no required A-levels.

• Have you been to the helicopter museum at Weston?    You can land in their car park - it happens a lot so no-one bats an eye.    There's a nice pub just up the road for lunch.  Smiley

• BTW I'll  keep an eye for u in ASDirect. Is there a channel you hang out in ?

Reply Children
  • probably just very busy  

• Yeah it is hot. At the moment I can't book it on the NHS website so I guess it has to be updated or something? I really dislike this weather.

• i like ur "football" vs  "handegg" joke image 

yes get your vaccine if u can 

gg

i have things to do,,,,,  the sun forced me inside for a bit its so hot here !

• Yeah I do very well at school so that's why I'm aiming at some of the top unis. Due to COVID this course is actually barely enrolled right now, clearing is still open for this year let alone next school year when I'll be applying. The high entry requirments are more due to it being Leeds which is considered a good uni and it is part of the Russell Group. I'm expecting my predicted grades to be A* A* A which is definitely enough to apply to these top unis.

• ok i did notice people moving between channels  I'll bear that in mind.

i got into uni with a B,C and E  :)    

---  It must by quite technical or perhaps very popular.

Put your head down and go for it I say. 

• I got A* A* A in my latest UCAS mocks. My backup/insurance uni is Coventry where I'd be doing 'Aviation Management' where it is triple B which I should definitely be able to achieve.

• Tough requirements!    Can you meet those?     Do you have a plan B?

• I switch between different channels all the time depending on where people are talking. For the aviation degree, it depends on the course. Not that many aviation management degrees actually exist so I'm also applying to some more generic 'Management' degrees. This one course at Leeds I'm looking at called 'Aviation Technology with Pilot Studies and Management' has triple A entry requirements with one fo them having to be Maths or Physics and the other two can basically be anything. I do Geography, Psychology and Physics so this is basically my ideal course for me. The other management degrees basically have no required A-levels.