hello i just joined

i am indiana and i have just joined. im not diagnosed yet but im currently on the waiting list for assessments. Ive gotten the opinion of medical professionals and family members and they have said that i am probably, some say definitely, autistic. im 15

Parents Reply Children
  • its okay!! its not that theyre not supportive its just theyre not giving the help i feel like i need, even after my mum emailing them, a supposed meeting and camhs i think? making a call

• yeah, I find it easier online too because there is less pressure. oh really? my school were really supportive. it's a shame that your school hasn't given you much support, sorry about that. 

• unfortunaley im not eithet. especially not irl. online its easier for me to say what i want because i find it very difficult to talk verbally. good luck on finding techniques!! and i totally agree. it takes so long for the diagnosis, and i havent been able to get much support from my school either

• yeah, I think I had to wait about 1 and a half years for my diagnosis which is a long time. I think the medical professionals should try and make it quicker because it's really stressful not knowing. you said you have a lack of social skills which I really relate to, are you any good at small talk? I really struggle with it and i am trying to find techniques to make it easier for me.