Introducing myself! Hello!

Hi - My name is Virginia and I have just updated my profile and re-connected. I was diagnosed aged 45. I'm a tutor and a professional writer with a book of stories coming out this year. I have had a few articles in Spectrum and a lot of poetry published in journals like Acumen, Breath and Shadow, Minerva Rising. I am in the process of creating a writer's webpage so people can link to my published work, but I have been broadcast on BBC radio a lot recently and I am writing for a theatre production. I also wrote a song for The Fisherman's Friends, which is probably going to be performed! My diagnosis journey was a positive one for me. I am married, with a son aged 20. 

Things I like are: writing, reading, analysis of words, binge watching crime series, playing the violin and making playlists. I also love swimming. 

In lockdown, I moved to tutoring online, and it worked out well. I do suffer from bouts of deep low mood, anxiety and this is difficult. Distraction is my key, but burnout happens often! To relax I swim or do occasional ballet, and I like to keep my life fairly tranquil, although it's not always possible! 

I hope to chat a bit on here.

Parents Reply Children
No Data