Hello

Hi everyone,

I’m Alan from Perthshire. I’ve recently been diagnosed as autistic at 45. I’m not good at introductions, or social networking - but I’m here and hoping to make use of the forum and make some connections. 

Parents
  • Hi Alison, Puff Pastry Hangman, and Aidie. Thanks for the welcome. 

My interests are agriculture and heavy machines such as tractors and combines; Lego; video games; and railway infrastructure. 
    I feel blessed that I work in the railway industry and I have a job that I really enjoy. 

• Hi Alan

Welcome aboard!

I'm a techy-nerd into all sorts of machinery - got tons of Technical Lego and I'm really into trains - I asked someone at TFL nicely and got to drive a trainload of unsuspecting commuters into London - and I've driven the Disney Monorail in Florida.

For some reason I really love Class 47 engines - what are you into?.

• Hi Plastic, wow that’s incredible that you managed to get to drive a set. 
    I am not particularly into trains - I prefer the operation intricacies of the railway and railway infrastructure. I particularly like signal boxes and the meandering lines of the track. 
    Lego technic is also my favourite. 42108 is my latest purchase. 

• Lego technic is also my favourite. 42108 is my latest purchase

Excellent - I've had almost every Technic Lego crane since 1990 - I've got a massive collection.

I'm currently building the big Lego Defender 42110 - it's doing my head in - only 800+ steps in the instructions.

My favourite model is the 8455 Backhoe - such a compact & complex functional model.  Smiley

wrt trains - do you do UrbEx?   We do photo shoots with models in disused industrial places - there's lots of abandoned railway land and some dramatic architectural buildings - great for the dystopian backdrops.

• couple of week ago ----i found on old abandoned railway box they make lovely wee places to hide away in/ people live in them ---- but how do i find out who owns it / or if it is abandoned. 

I dream of having one.  I'm assuming it is known about.  

• couple of week ago ----i found on old abandoned railway box they make lovely wee places to hide away in/ people live in them ---- but how do i find out who owns it / or if it is abandoned. 

I dream of having one.  I'm assuming it is known about.  

Children
No Data