Autism statistics

Hi I have son that’s 3, he is showing slight signs of autism and has been referred to a paediatrician by the health visitor.  I’m with a new partner and we would like to try for a baby, we just want some information and advice on the odds/chances of our baby having autism if my first son does get diagnosed,  my self and my partner do not have autism and no immediate family members have autism either. Just want some help and more information 

• I don’t think there is any definite figures for the risks although I have heard 15-20% chance. There is also a much bigger chance that another child would be neurotypical. Do what feels right for you. My little girl is 4 and has autism, we are also considering another baby, it is a chance that you will have to take if you would like another little one but only if you feel you could cope with 2 having autism. Hope that helps a little x 

• either 1-2% which is the background percentage of all child births in UK with autism  or say 2-3% if you carry loads some autistic genes ( I dont know for sure if u do )

These are guesstimates based on some research i found but they are very shaky because the figures crossed continents / countries so their figures are hard to compare without my hands on the raw data.

This question came up before few months back so i am quoting from memory what i guessed then