Advice please

Hi all,

First post so apologies if I get anything wrong!

I'm a 38 year old woman. I've always felt there was something different about me. After some recent issues at home and with my mental health, my partner and I started discussing whether I might have some ASD traits. He's quite experienced in mental health, and we've both passed comment on my experiences and behaviour in the past, but neither of us had taken it too seriously as I think I've learnt to mask really well without really knowing how. The more I read about it now, the.more sense it makes of my entire life. I've done some accredited screening questionnaires (AQ and EQ) and score well within the possible ASD range. We both know it's not enough for a diagnosis, but when partner was reading out the questions he was also quite surprised at how obviously me it was. 

Anyway, I'd be keen to pursue a proper assessment. Not for any other reason than to have some possible validation about all of this. Any thoughts/advice/experiences? This has all totally blown my mind to think there might have been something so clear that makes so much sense. 

Parents
  • Hi, 

I self referred about 5 years ago, and they sent me these tests to do. Then I got to meet someone in person to be evaluated. I found it helpful at the time to have someone who really understood what it’s like, but still felt a bit shocked to actually have a diagnosis. If you think it’s a plus to have it confirmed then go for it.

• Hi, 

I self referred about 5 years ago, and they sent me these tests to do. Then I got to meet someone in person to be evaluated. I found it helpful at the time to have someone who really understood what it’s like, but still felt a bit shocked to actually have a diagnosis. If you think it’s a plus to have it confirmed then go for it.

Children