Greetings From Canada

Hello all! My name is Alexis. I'm 22, but I was diagnosed when I was 18.

I was initially assessed when I was a young teenager, and the results came back negative. I felt very iffy about their reasoning why, but figured they knew better than I did and accepted that I was mistaken. My concerns didn't get taken seriously until I was 18, when I was talking about my childhood casually with a different doctor. She said "That sounds a bit like Autism. Are you diagnosed?" I told her about my past assessment, and she seemed skeptical and wanted me to get re-assessed, just in case. The rest is history, haha.

Otherwise, I enjoy video games a lot, and I love to draw. I've been drawing since I was very young, mostly game and TV franchises I liked, so my art style is more cartoony than realistic. All while growing up, my "intense interest" was Pokemon. I was absolutely obsessed with it for most of my formative years and I could tell you pretty much anything about it.

I was dismissed a lot as a kid as just being "eccentric and shy/sensitive." My parents knew I had "issues" with socializing and sensory input etc but figured since I got good grades that it was nothing and I'd just grow out of it. I did not, lol. I have trouble making and keeping friends, but I have 2 very close online friends who get me and keep me sane, one of which I've known for a decade now.

Anyways, that's pretty much me in a nutshell. Happy to be here :]

Parents Reply Children
No Data