Struggles

Hello, I have 3 children, 2 of them have have Global developmental Delay, having been with my wife 17 years I noticed some time ago huge similarities, she is now being diagnosed and has a very low pain tolerance but she is so demanding and aggressive, my children don’t get enough of my attention if I’m honest and it’s leaving me exhausted and feeling like I don’t matter, if it wasn’t for my children I wouldn’t be here now.

I know it’s a struggle for her but I get no help, support or any time to wind down and it’s left me with Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis, I wish I knew where I can turn to because it’s took it’s toll on me massively, whatever I do is never enough.

Parents
  • Hi NAS73364,

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time caring for your family. We would suggest if you are in need of mental health support to try one of the following organisations:

If you are having a difficult time, you can call the Samaritans any time, day or night, on 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.org

Other helplines and listening services: 

• Mind Infoline: 0300 1233393 for information and signposting (9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday) 
    • SANEline: 0300 304 7000 for anyone experiencing a mental health problem or supporting someone else (4.30pm to 10.30pm, every day)
    • Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) – for men 0800 58 58 58, (5pm to midnight every day).  
    • Shout 85258 a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope.

I would also suggest you look at the page on Social Care - https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/social-care - under 'Social care for carers in [your country]' - to see what assistance you might be able to access, to relieve some of the stress on you.

Hope this is of some help,
    Ross - mod

• Hi NAS73364,

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time caring for your family. We would suggest if you are in need of mental health support to try one of the following organisations:

If you are having a difficult time, you can call the Samaritans any time, day or night, on 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.org

Other helplines and listening services: 

• Mind Infoline: 0300 1233393 for information and signposting (9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday) 
    • SANEline: 0300 304 7000 for anyone experiencing a mental health problem or supporting someone else (4.30pm to 10.30pm, every day)
    • Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) – for men 0800 58 58 58, (5pm to midnight every day).  
    • Shout 85258 a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope.

I would also suggest you look at the page on Social Care - https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/social-care - under 'Social care for carers in [your country]' - to see what assistance you might be able to access, to relieve some of the stress on you.

Hope this is of some help,
    Ross - mod

Children
No Data