Hello from Canada!

Hello,

My name is Gina, I'm 37 years old and live in Canada. 

I have been struggling with my mental health for as long as I can remember. I was diagnosed with Bipolar Type 1 and generalized / social anxiety back in 2013. But I haven't been able to rid myself of the thought that that doesn't answer everything. So I have been doing a LOT of research, and feel like autism may be one of the missing pieces (I really don't think an autism diagnosis would replace the bipolar one). Am also considering the possibility of c-ptsd. 

I am planning to bring up my concerns with my doctor, but feel the need to be prepared first. I don't explain myself very well in person, writing is much easier. Would it be inappropriate to write a letter to my doctor instead? I am just worried that he won't listen or take me seriously, as I believe I am pretty good at masking.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, I was so excited to find this forum!

Parents
  • Hi Gina, warm welcome. 

I would write everything down, I do, though I use it as a prompt so I don't forget to mention things. Have it ready for your appointment and explain to your GP your difficulties in explaining things.

• Hi Gina, warm welcome. 

I would write everything down, I do, though I use it as a prompt so I don't forget to mention things. Have it ready for your appointment and explain to your GP your difficulties in explaining things.

Children
No Data