Hiya

Hi I'm new here. I have 2 young sons the younger has ASD he is 3 in May and was diagnosed at 2 1/2. We live in Lancashire

Parents
  • Thanks. We've just moved to Rossendale in Lancashire and I've found it impossible to find any parents with child with an ASD nevermind a child anywhere near as young as ours. I guess I really wanted to know how long your assessment process took and what happened following assessment. 

We started the process when my daughter was 18 months and now she approaching 3 and very little has happened for us. We had one SALT session which was an initial assessment and we were told following that, that SAL in our area don't provide ongoing therapy. We reffered ourselves to the portage service who have been a great support. There is a CDC meeting planned for October this year. Not really sure what to expect from this meeting. Would you ming sharing your experience also if you know of any good play venues local to Rossendale that would be great too.

Thanks for your response.

• Thanks. We've just moved to Rossendale in Lancashire and I've found it impossible to find any parents with child with an ASD nevermind a child anywhere near as young as ours. I guess I really wanted to know how long your assessment process took and what happened following assessment. 

We started the process when my daughter was 18 months and now she approaching 3 and very little has happened for us. We had one SALT session which was an initial assessment and we were told following that, that SAL in our area don't provide ongoing therapy. We reffered ourselves to the portage service who have been a great support. There is a CDC meeting planned for October this year. Not really sure what to expect from this meeting. Would you ming sharing your experience also if you know of any good play venues local to Rossendale that would be great too.

Thanks for your response.

Children
No Data