So I am dating a man with asbergers

I could use some tips and such I am doing all the research I can cause I do absolutely adore him I know it’s not going to be easy but I’m not a quitter 

Parents
  • Hi, my reason for coming here is to try to connect with others with autistic partners. I have done a lot of research too............ my marriage is at an absolute breaking point though and has been for the past 5 years. I think that if there is enough love and your partner knows what is going on with him, that you can make it work because you shouldn't become some kind of therapist or carer, or at least I have come to the conclusion that I can't do that. Lately I tried to bring up the concept that I am sure he is autistic, he was open to reading information but came to the conclusion that it is not true and of course there is no other way to open any kind of communication. If I could give you some advice? I would say.... go for it with good understanding of the situation on both sides and if possible do connect with people who have made it work. I made some good contacts here a while ago but then never received any further answers and couldn't find my question again. I would think that it is important that you both agree how to flag problems and that both need to contribute or else you will end up with a burnout like I did! All the best.... By the way, I have never been a quitter but... sometimes life just is too difficult to bear! 

• Hi, my reason for coming here is to try to connect with others with autistic partners. I have done a lot of research too............ my marriage is at an absolute breaking point though and has been for the past 5 years. I think that if there is enough love and your partner knows what is going on with him, that you can make it work because you shouldn't become some kind of therapist or carer, or at least I have come to the conclusion that I can't do that. Lately I tried to bring up the concept that I am sure he is autistic, he was open to reading information but came to the conclusion that it is not true and of course there is no other way to open any kind of communication. If I could give you some advice? I would say.... go for it with good understanding of the situation on both sides and if possible do connect with people who have made it work. I made some good contacts here a while ago but then never received any further answers and couldn't find my question again. I would think that it is important that you both agree how to flag problems and that both need to contribute or else you will end up with a burnout like I did! All the best.... By the way, I have never been a quitter but... sometimes life just is too difficult to bear! 

Children
No Data