Hey

Never exactly been good at intro posts.. the 'tell us a bit about yourself' question has always been a good way to trigger demand anxiety so... uh

I'm 30, non-binary, and realising that there's a reason I've always felt more comfortable around neurodivergents, but never quite seemed autistic: I'm a PDAer. So that explains everyone thinking my social communication is fine (it.. is not..) and why just thinking about living to a routine makes me want to hyperventilate (no, really, the very idea feels like a prison), I guess. 

It's.. kind of a lot to process and I feel pretty alone at the moment. In the past, I've repeatedly been confusing for non-PDA autistic friends and partners, it seems like they feel alternately that I'm incredibly similar to them and yet somehow.. as different as allistics are, which I'm sure is deeply confusing. Sucks a lot more though, feeling like nothing more than a failure of an NT, and often being told you're not part of the community that you really are part of. 

I guess I'd feel more comfortable answering actual questions rather than trying to guess what's interesting about me to everyone else lol. Nice to meet you all tho Slight smile

Parents Reply Children
No Data