New

Hello my name is Clara. I've got Aspergers Syndrome and struggle so much. I feel so depressed right now, I can't hold a job, I have no friends and I feel totally alone like no one really understands or knows me. I have speech issues and that's come on suddenly and seems to be getting worse. I need help and to understand what I'm going through. I don't know what to do or who to go to for help. 

• Nice, Michael Jackson has to be my favourite artist from that decade I don't know many artists or songs but I do love what he done and some of what he did influenced EDM music when it starting to come out a bit more and gain a some popularity 

• Hello. That's very interesting. I like 80s music I find it so enjoyable and relaxing. 

• Music is a huge help for me too what kind of music do you like? I'm really into EDM it's definitely a special interest of mine 

• Hi yes I'm being treated for depression and anxiety. I stutter all the time and it's anxiety related I think. 

• Hi everyone thank you for being so kind and welcoming. I like to read and I like to play the guitar. I love listening to music, it's really relaxing for me. 

• Hi Clara, Welcome.

I'm new here I was only diagnosed just over a month ago now at 22 I don't have friends either & I feel the same as if no one understands or knows me so I hope that knowing your not alone helps sometimes it does for me and sometimes it doesn't.

I have anxiety and depressive episodes that last for varying amounts of time that are brought on from many different reasons.

I would seek out speaking to a medical professional/counsellor, psychologist, therapist isif this has persisted for a long time or isn't looking like it's getting any better.

The NAS does have a helpline so you could try out giving them a call 0808 800 4104.

This forum as a lot of great people in it and there are a lot of post on here that helped me understand that I'm not the only one going through what I go through and it's nice to just anonymously talk to people on here and share my thoughts without having to worry about judgement, everyone here seems very understanding.

I'm sure we would love to here about what you find interesting and fun

• Hi Clara,  I'm Toby , I am new here and have a diagnosis of ASD that I got in 2019 at the tender age of 46!  

I have phases of depression and long term general anxiety !

Hope today is better one for you!

• Hi Clara. I have Asperger's Syndrome too and also have depression. Welcome to the forum. You will have friends here. 

What sort of things do you like to do to help you feel better. I go out walking and listen to music. I hope you feel better soon. 

• hey clara how are you im matthew 

• but you can also ring the NAS trained staff  Mon - Fri. They could be off on Mon as it is a bank holiday.

They may know about groups in your area

here is the link

https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do/help-and-support/helpline

You can call them on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Friday 10am to 3pm.Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an adviser.

• Hi Clara,

Are u being treated for depression by your GP ?

Hopefully this is a temporary depression state because depression is an awful feeling/state.

hang out here and tell us about yourself

You can make friends here alot easier because there are other people here just like you.