Hi There

Hello all i am new around here. I have ASD ( autistic spectum disorder) i am 20 yrs of age will be 21 on may 31st. I have sturggled at times with being autistic and i sometimes feels like i am set back from others and disadvantage with certain things. Sometimes i do need things explaining yet i do not ask as i dont went to feel a pain to others. It nice to be here and hopefully i meet some new people on here and kinda have some fun and laughs aswell Slight smile

• Hi Rhys,

I know how you feel I'm 22, only just been diagnosed I've struggled with that too I kind of just tend to clarify what people ask me as when someone does rather than going into the whole "I'm autistic and I often misread what people say and I end up doing, not what you asked me to do" and people don't really seem to think much of it and as and when you have people around that that know you're autistic like family members you can talk to them in more details and they'll understand that they just have to be extra clear when they ask thing of you.

• Hi RhysF00,

Welcome to the online community! We hope you can meet some new people and have a good time here. If you want any advice or support on anything our advice and guidance hub can be found here - https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance

Best wishes,
    Ross - mod