Still unsure about my Autism, realised the possibility last week and so i'm here to find out more, positive and negative, to understand myself better.

It's my first time here, just signed up this morning.

I watched a gamers youtuber's video about him having Autism last week and didn't know and to do about it, so here i am today and have finally plucked up the courage to chat, found this site very informative, but opening up so many questions in my mind.

I meet a lot of the criteria, but don't really want to accept it, but it explains a lot of things throughout my life, does anyone know if there is a test I can take as I want to be more sure before I approach and bother my gp with this?

Parents
  • Welcome to the forum, there are lots of online tests that you can take which will give you more f a clue, I'm sure some more knowledgeable people will be able to send the links.  I would say the first thing you need to do is work out yourself who you are as you say you don't want to accept it, you are who you are and you should feel comfortable in that.

• Welcome to the forum, there are lots of online tests that you can take which will give you more f a clue, I'm sure some more knowledgeable people will be able to send the links.  I would say the first thing you need to do is work out yourself who you are as you say you don't want to accept it, you are who you are and you should feel comfortable in that.

Children
  • Thank you, that would be good. Sadly I know a lot about my self from decades of observation and it's highly indicative of Autistic traits, so appears to be the logical conclusion, but that's still a hugely unknown factor for me and the ramifications .. but more importantly the possible help to not be so isolated and alone which i know should be wrong but which i have accepted as my normal way of being, the frightening part is coming stepping out from my own comfort zone and being around people who i never fully understand. I am hoping to find something  else, i do not know what yet.