Dealing with embarrassment and insecurities

so this is my first time posting on here so my apologies if by any chance I make any type of mistake typing or if this type of post inst accepted. I was wondering if other autistic people have a hard time dealing with embarrassment, like dwelling on it or constantly remembering something embarrassing and then getting scared or anxious. I have a really hard time handling embarrassing situations and it's made my self confidence drain severely, so my point is I am wondering if other autistic people deal with this too and if so what advice can be given. I am very recently diagnosed so this is all very new to me. 

Parents
  • Yep I have an enormous capacity for feelings of shame/embarrassment/guilt and I remember embarrassing situations in vivid detail for years later along with the attached emotions.

The best way I've found to deal with it is to stay busy and not give myself the opportunity to dwell. Knowing I'm autistic also helps, because in hindsight a lot of embarrassing situations were a direct result of acting autistic and now I know this is something I can't help, so there is nothing to be ashamed of.

• Yep I have an enormous capacity for feelings of shame/embarrassment/guilt and I remember embarrassing situations in vivid detail for years later along with the attached emotions.

The best way I've found to deal with it is to stay busy and not give myself the opportunity to dwell. Knowing I'm autistic also helps, because in hindsight a lot of embarrassing situations were a direct result of acting autistic and now I know this is something I can't help, so there is nothing to be ashamed of.

Children
No Data