Masking - Open

If anyone would like to share their experience with masking, or offer advice to anyone, or your opinions feel free to share it here. I would also be interested to hear from you guys, both NT's and ND's

O

Parents
  • I masked fairly successfully during school as my brother was 2 years older and I could copy what he did. But when I fell out with him and went past him academically, I really struggled. The person I looked up to was now someone I hated. Now I'm constantly looking for people to "copy" and it usually ends up in me being let down by them. I think what I need to do is use people's positive attributes to make my own persona. Especially with the social media, I don't know how to use it. It's so confusing, why would people share every aspect of their life?

• I masked fairly successfully during school as my brother was 2 years older and I could copy what he did. But when I fell out with him and went past him academically, I really struggled. The person I looked up to was now someone I hated. Now I'm constantly looking for people to "copy" and it usually ends up in me being let down by them. I think what I need to do is use people's positive attributes to make my own persona. Especially with the social media, I don't know how to use it. It's so confusing, why would people share every aspect of their life?

Children
No Data