Masking - Open

If anyone would like to share their experience with masking, or offer advice to anyone, or your opinions feel free to share it here. I would also be interested to hear from you guys, both NT's and ND's

O

Parents
  • I used to be quite a heavy masker until I burned out... it led to low self-esteem and identity confusion. I wish we didn't have to do it. Although I do it automatically out of fear.

• I find it hard I've had self identity issues for as long as I can remember I never knew why until I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago and it all makes sense but it's strange I can't always help it I don't know about anyone else but for me it's turned into an automatic defence mechanism I get burnt out all the time. I went and got my haircut today for the first time six months I didn't realise until I got home how much I masked whilst I was out and I've been barley been able to speak and stay awake I'm so burnt out. 

• Hairdressers...I always take a book.  I can never be done with all that "have you got a boy-friend?" or "are you going on holiday?" stuff, from someone who doesn't know me and probably isn't interested in the response.  I just read and let them get on with it until they have a question pertinent to my hair.  I then give them a polite: "thank you and see you next time" as I pay the bill.

• Hairdressers...I always take a book.  I can never be done with all that "have you got a boy-friend?" or "are you going on holiday?" stuff, from someone who doesn't know me and probably isn't interested in the response.  I just read and let them get on with it until they have a question pertinent to my hair.  I then give them a polite: "thank you and see you next time" as I pay the bill.

Children
No Data