Your thoughts or advice

Hello I'm recently diagnosed and therefore have been doing a lot of thinking about my self and my past.

Things that have happened that I've struggled with at the time, one if which, which is the reason why I'm typing this here is my last relationship. We we're together for 2 years, (I was unaware of my autism during this time) we had great times and bad times, however she often told me when we had arguments and disagreements that I was distant or un- empathetic to her feelings and thinking back I was to a point

I find it really hard to put my self in other peoples shoes and I would get really angry and frustrated with myself because I just couldn't understand what she wanted from me emotionally and I didn't know how to give her what she wanted.

I've now been finding myself wanting to reach out just to simply tell her what happened between us wasn't her fault and it was more so mine even though it was unintentional. I don't want to get back with her I do think that she isn't the one for me but I do think she deserves to know that there is a reason why I didn't understand her emotions and reactions to things as she thought I should do.

So just wanting to know what you guys might think. As far as I'm aware she isn't dating or anything I wouldn't want her thinking about me if she is with someone new and I wouldn't reach out to her about this if I knew she was with someone.

Thank you, O

Parents
  • I'm not sure, I tried to do this, I messaged an ex I had a similar problem with. I told her what was going on, I apologised, but then she asked me if I would go on holiday with her! I declined as we couldn't even talk without arguing. 

• I'm not sure, I tried to do this, I messaged an ex I had a similar problem with. I told her what was going on, I apologised, but then she asked me if I would go on holiday with her! I declined as we couldn't even talk without arguing. 

Children
No Data