School too easy?

Did anyone else find school too easy? What would you do to challenge yourself? I would do projects on countries/inventors/planets. I would write stories at home and make lists of the most populous countries on earth or the countries with the most land mass. 

Parents
  • I was in a similar boat - I was one of those super-bright kids at infant school and my teacher's husband ran a school for gifted kids - there was a place waiting for me.

Unfortunately, my twin brother was sickly and we lived Oop North and he was permanently ill (it was freezing up there) so we moved Darn Sarf.        We were put into the local school which was staffed with young, clueless teachers and I was so far ahead that they had nothing for me to do.       I spent a year being left to my own devices and playing with Lego and Meccano and drawing before moving up to juniors.        It taught me that I didn't need to bother at school - a very bad habit to teach kids.          I 'winged-it' from there onwards.

I ended up as a Chartered Engineer / rocket scientist / nuclear physicist..     Who knows where I would have ended up if I'd actually tried hard.  Smiley

• I was in a similar boat - I was one of those super-bright kids at infant school and my teacher's husband ran a school for gifted kids - there was a place waiting for me.

Unfortunately, my twin brother was sickly and we lived Oop North and he was permanently ill (it was freezing up there) so we moved Darn Sarf.        We were put into the local school which was staffed with young, clueless teachers and I was so far ahead that they had nothing for me to do.       I spent a year being left to my own devices and playing with Lego and Meccano and drawing before moving up to juniors.        It taught me that I didn't need to bother at school - a very bad habit to teach kids.          I 'winged-it' from there onwards.

I ended up as a Chartered Engineer / rocket scientist / nuclear physicist..     Who knows where I would have ended up if I'd actually tried hard.  Smiley

Children
No Data