Hi everyone!

Hi everyone, my name is Jordan and I suffer with aspergers, depression, OCD and Social Anxiety.

Joined here for help really.

I'm 28 and live with a couple family members, I have no friends, no partner, no job, no social life and i really want that to change but all my problems in my head prevent it. I'm nearly 30 and I know that's still young but seeing people without mental health problems doing loads of stuff in their 20's makes me so down. I left college when I was 18 and basically haven't done anything since. I studied music at college although I enjoyed it my social took over and I couldn't cope, got a little help from the college which was really was giving me places to be on my own.

After I left college I got into photography, mainly sports and volunteered for a football club which I did for around 7 years until last year when I left due to not really enjoying it and my social anxiety taking over again. That was all I was doing for the past 7 years and now I have nothing.

I know it's hard in the current time but I want to change my life, have friends, date, meet new people but I have no idea how to or get over my anxieties. I get lonely almost every day and just wish I had someone to enjoy things with.

As I said I live with a couple family members, my mum is my carer and I know she can't look after forever and I worry what I will do when she can't, want to seek help to live more independently in the future.

Parents
  • hi Jordan. Welcome to the forum. I am a lot older than you (almost 50) but also have mental health problems (I have bipolar and anxiety). I think that joining here will be the start of something really positive for you. I have not been on here that long but have already found it really helpful particularly with feeling lonely. There are lots of things that the forum can lead onto and there are lots of people your age on here too. Welcome again.

• hi Jordan. Welcome to the forum. I am a lot older than you (almost 50) but also have mental health problems (I have bipolar and anxiety). I think that joining here will be the start of something really positive for you. I have not been on here that long but have already found it really helpful particularly with feeling lonely. There are lots of things that the forum can lead onto and there are lots of people your age on here too. Welcome again.

Children
No Data