Overwhelmed

Hi, I'm Emma. I'm a stay at home mum. I have a 7 year old daughter, who I believe is an Aspie.  I have a 5 year old daughter who has Autism, and we are waiting for an assessment (School is very sure of the Autism). A 6 month son whom is so different to his sister's at this age that I'm just so mournful of my experiences with my daughter's, because he's following a natural progression for his age unlike his sister's. And then there's me, I always thought I was different because I was poor growing up with an abusive mother, but I'm not different because of that, I strongly believe I am an Aspie too. But all of this has become such a big insight over the last year that it's overwhelming me and I have no idea what to do next. 

The girls are back at school, so I finally have some time to learn to understand everything, I just don't know where to start.

Any advice?

Parents
  • Thanks for everyone's advice.

I do have a few books to read, but because of my 6 month son, I haven't been able to read them. No time to myself.

I have done a lot of online tests for myself. They all suggest a high probability of autism. 

My girls school is supportive. But because of lockdowns it has been very stressful for me. I need more time to myself to build myself up to look after the kids, and I haven't even been able to do anything for myself for the last few months. I know it sounds selfish, but I have meltdowns too, and I can only handle so much. I've been dealing with depression for years, but I had therapy last year, and that's when I realised that I'm on the spectrum.

I'm overwhelmed because I deal with everything to do with the kids, and everything I do doesn't seem to help. My girls laugh at me when I try to discipline them and they carry on doing the naughty thing, for example ripping wallpaper off the wall. It's all constant.

• Thanks for everyone's advice.

I do have a few books to read, but because of my 6 month son, I haven't been able to read them. No time to myself.

I have done a lot of online tests for myself. They all suggest a high probability of autism. 

My girls school is supportive. But because of lockdowns it has been very stressful for me. I need more time to myself to build myself up to look after the kids, and I haven't even been able to do anything for myself for the last few months. I know it sounds selfish, but I have meltdowns too, and I can only handle so much. I've been dealing with depression for years, but I had therapy last year, and that's when I realised that I'm on the spectrum.

I'm overwhelmed because I deal with everything to do with the kids, and everything I do doesn't seem to help. My girls laugh at me when I try to discipline them and they carry on doing the naughty thing, for example ripping wallpaper off the wall. It's all constant.

Children
No Data