Help please.

Hi,

I really don’t know where to start. My son is 3 and I’ve been told by the school that he is possibly on the spectrum for autism. He’s been assessed by someone from the EEAST team. I’ve got to speak to his GP to get referred to my local hospital paediatrician, SALT & OT. I have a 1 year old daughter & 6 year old step son. 
I’m so confused and scared about what going to happen in the future, obviously I’ll be willing to do anything and everything that is best for my son, I’m just so worried at the moment.

It’s mainly worrying me how I’m going to cope with him, if he is autistic, my daughter and everything else life throws at you.

**** I’m also really sorry if I offended anyone by the way I speak or what I say, as this is all new to me completely. I don’t know what to say to not offend people.

Parents
  • Hi, always remember you are not alone, my almost 4 year old son was diagnosed last week although he is high functioning. It is scary but there is help out there. I cry when I think about him not being able to lead a 'normal life'. I've taken it upon myself to do everything I possibly can to make sure he is happy. Please keep talking and start to read up on the subject so you are prepared. It takes longer than it should to be diagnosed but keep breathing and take in as much knowledge as you can.

• Hi, always remember you are not alone, my almost 4 year old son was diagnosed last week although he is high functioning. It is scary but there is help out there. I cry when I think about him not being able to lead a 'normal life'. I've taken it upon myself to do everything I possibly can to make sure he is happy. Please keep talking and start to read up on the subject so you are prepared. It takes longer than it should to be diagnosed but keep breathing and take in as much knowledge as you can.

Children
No Data