Newly Diagnosed 4 yr old Son

Hi, Im Susaye, my 4 year old was diagnosed with High Functioning Autism yesterday. We had an idea that he may be on the spectrum but i was still completely blown away when they told us. Thought it would be nice to chat with other people that are on this emotional rollercoaster!! And please someone tell me that eventually i will be able to talk about it without crying?Frown

Parents
  • Hi - With my nursing background I always like to keep upto date with the research on Aspergers/ASD.  I have found an article on how levels of cortisol in humans upon waking rise, yet in Aspergers they do not.  Cortisol has an effect on memory and co-ordination as well as is the hormone regulator for stimulating energy etc...  Anyone got anything more on this topic?

• Hi - With my nursing background I always like to keep upto date with the research on Aspergers/ASD.  I have found an article on how levels of cortisol in humans upon waking rise, yet in Aspergers they do not.  Cortisol has an effect on memory and co-ordination as well as is the hormone regulator for stimulating energy etc...  Anyone got anything more on this topic?

Children
No Data