Newly Diagnosed 4 yr old Son

Hi, Im Susaye, my 4 year old was diagnosed with High Functioning Autism yesterday. We had an idea that he may be on the spectrum but i was still completely blown away when they told us. Thought it would be nice to chat with other people that are on this emotional rollercoaster!! And please someone tell me that eventually i will be able to talk about it without crying?Frown

Parents
  • Hi there,

I am loving Ohalrightthen's post about her characterful, quirky and talented boy.

I too have one like this who has just turned 5. We are still awaiting diagnosis but we have been told there is no doubt he will get a positive one for Aspergers/high function.

I have actually bypassed the grieving process and i wonder if it the fact that I have had him late on in life, after 2 M/Cs, when I thought I would not have any more children. I have an older, grown-up NT boy from a previous relationship.

I am very thankful to have him and hand on heart, if you asked me if I wanted someone to wave a magic wand and take away the ASC it would be hard to say 'Yes'. He is such a fabulous character, bright, out-going, always surprising and completely hilarious at times. I completely adore him even though he is such hard work. I so empathised with Ohalrightthen's sentence about N/T children being quite boring in comparison [sorry!].

Yes, I do wonder how life will turn out for him [and us!] but I am trying not to worry and keep positive.

There is a book called something like "It takes All sorts Of Brains" Susaye. It might help you to read it. I have seen it for sale on ebay for a snip!

Love Rosemary xxx

• Hi there,

I am loving Ohalrightthen's post about her characterful, quirky and talented boy.

I too have one like this who has just turned 5. We are still awaiting diagnosis but we have been told there is no doubt he will get a positive one for Aspergers/high function.

I have actually bypassed the grieving process and i wonder if it the fact that I have had him late on in life, after 2 M/Cs, when I thought I would not have any more children. I have an older, grown-up NT boy from a previous relationship.

I am very thankful to have him and hand on heart, if you asked me if I wanted someone to wave a magic wand and take away the ASC it would be hard to say 'Yes'. He is such a fabulous character, bright, out-going, always surprising and completely hilarious at times. I completely adore him even though he is such hard work. I so empathised with Ohalrightthen's sentence about N/T children being quite boring in comparison [sorry!].

Yes, I do wonder how life will turn out for him [and us!] but I am trying not to worry and keep positive.

There is a book called something like "It takes All sorts Of Brains" Susaye. It might help you to read it. I have seen it for sale on ebay for a snip!

Love Rosemary xxx

Children
No Data