Newly Diagnosed 4 yr old Son

Hi, Im Susaye, my 4 year old was diagnosed with High Functioning Autism yesterday. We had an idea that he may be on the spectrum but i was still completely blown away when they told us. Thought it would be nice to chat with other people that are on this emotional rollercoaster!! And please someone tell me that eventually i will be able to talk about it without crying?Frown

Parents
  • I think the first reply to this post says it all for me! Our six year old son was diagnosed in December and to be honest I was heart broken. But, he has so many wonderful qualities and is such a loving little man, I realise I have much to celebrate. I will admitt I am finding it a struggle to deal with educational issues and to deal with some family members reactions, but every time I feel the challenge is getting on top of me, my son will do something to brighten my day and everything seems a bit brighter! Good Luck to you.

• I think the first reply to this post says it all for me! Our six year old son was diagnosed in December and to be honest I was heart broken. But, he has so many wonderful qualities and is such a loving little man, I realise I have much to celebrate. I will admitt I am finding it a struggle to deal with educational issues and to deal with some family members reactions, but every time I feel the challenge is getting on top of me, my son will do something to brighten my day and everything seems a bit brighter! Good Luck to you.

Children
No Data