4 year old possible diagnosis

Hi all,

I wonder if I could get some advise? My little boy who is 4 next week has been at a wonderful nursery abs preschool for 3 years, they monitor the children careful abs observe over time in line with EYFS I am in the process of moving him to the preschool where he will be going to school, he’s been doing 1 day a week there since the middle of January, out of the blue yesterday his key worker has hinted at problems and possibly getting a professional in to have hun assessed! I was nothing short of shocked! I called his original setting and they completely disagree with this, he’s very shy until he settles in and his new setting are seeing this as social issues, he is very sociable with a large group of friends in his old setting, other things she has mentioned is a slight delay in motor skills (he still uses Palmer grip and can’t peddle a bike as yet or hop) it’s completely thrown me and my husband and we can’t stop looking back (was his Thomas the train obsession a thing? He prefers to learn numbers over phonics etc) we have a zoom meeting with her next week but driving ourselves crazy in the meantime...any words of advise would really be appreciated...

thank you in advance  xx