Autism and what now

Hi Every one

My lovely wife Debbie and I have just found out today that our lovely son Aston aged 9 yrs has autism, this was a great relief (not because he has Autism, but because now we know finally) this is the news we have been waiting for many years. A lot of years has passed by with Aston been his usual way, not like normal children his age. Years of me shouting at him because of not knowing what was wrong with him (now I feel really bad because of all the shouting, when it was not his fault and that he could not help the way he is). Thankfully Debbie was more in control of the situations and was around to calm situations.

We knew from a very early age that there was something different to Aston, he has become very late in regards to his schooling and has been put at year 1level and he is in year five, over the years he has had many ear tests due to school stating Aston does not seem to hear/understand all the time what he is getting told - he even had grommets put in but no change, a bit of glue ear but that's all. 

Now that we know his diagnosis we can now read up on Autism and be more able to understand what Aston may be going through and if there is anything we can do to assist him in time to come. We are now looking at any groups / forums , books etc that can help Aston and us.

Parents
  • Welcome to the world of having an ordinary orange when it seems like everyone else has chocolate ones. 

Take a moment and breathe. 

Take each day and each moment as it comes. 

You can do this!

In terms of books:

How to raise a happy autistic child is a good one for you. 

All cats have autism is a good one for him or my autism book.

Which area are you in ?

• Welcome to the world of having an ordinary orange when it seems like everyone else has chocolate ones. 

Take a moment and breathe. 

Take each day and each moment as it comes. 

You can do this!

In terms of books:

How to raise a happy autistic child is a good one for you. 

All cats have autism is a good one for him or my autism book.

Which area are you in ?

Children
No Data