Hi I am a parent of a 24 year old son and I think he has a certain level of autism. I have noticed more issues as he's got older and I don't know how to deal with it as its not something he'll discuss even though he thinks he has autism himself

Not sure how to use these sites but looking for advice on what to do if you think a grown up child has autism.

Parents
  • have you and/or he looked at seeing therapists, etc... online groups - oh, i guess this fits the bill... and why won't he discuss it? maybe he won't discuss it with you? and --- do you or his father have aspie traits.

sorry, i use the old fashioned term aspie. i have a buddy who i'm convinced has aspergers. i try to NEVER mention it to him. he's pretty stubborn and obstinate, and it's none of my business. i also think he needs shoulder surgery, which he seems oblivious to that option. i mentioned that once. that's all. 

i guess maybe i'm saying the above cause maybe your son simply needs his space and that's how he is. hard to change that. i guess one can offer coping strategies, etc... and leave the word autism kind of out..............then there's sensitivities, another area of concern. but if you leave the word **** out............. maybe that will help

• have you and/or he looked at seeing therapists, etc... online groups - oh, i guess this fits the bill... and why won't he discuss it? maybe he won't discuss it with you? and --- do you or his father have aspie traits.

sorry, i use the old fashioned term aspie. i have a buddy who i'm convinced has aspergers. i try to NEVER mention it to him. he's pretty stubborn and obstinate, and it's none of my business. i also think he needs shoulder surgery, which he seems oblivious to that option. i mentioned that once. that's all. 

i guess maybe i'm saying the above cause maybe your son simply needs his space and that's how he is. hard to change that. i guess one can offer coping strategies, etc... and leave the word autism kind of out..............then there's sensitivities, another area of concern. but if you leave the word **** out............. maybe that will help

Children
No Data