University application

Hi,I am planning on applying for university at the end of the year and was wondering did you share your diagnosis and if so did it benefit you in anyway?

Parents
  • The university's job is to help you achieve success - why on earth wouldn't you disclose to them?     The have whole departments to help disabled students get through the course - they can award extra time in exams, be flexible on your dates etc.

You also need to properly identify your needs and then apply for DSA funding for any special equipment or hours for mentoring or transport costs etc.      There is SOOOOO much available to help you - if you just ask.      They will bend over backwards to help you.

The sooner you get the ball rolling, the better your chances of having everthing in place when you start uni - it all takes time to get processed so I think you need to get busy right now.

• The university's job is to help you achieve success - why on earth wouldn't you disclose to them?     The have whole departments to help disabled students get through the course - they can award extra time in exams, be flexible on your dates etc.

You also need to properly identify your needs and then apply for DSA funding for any special equipment or hours for mentoring or transport costs etc.      There is SOOOOO much available to help you - if you just ask.      They will bend over backwards to help you.

The sooner you get the ball rolling, the better your chances of having everthing in place when you start uni - it all takes time to get processed so I think you need to get busy right now.

Children
No Data