My parents are autistic. Looking for company :-)

Hello 

Does or did anyone else here - who is not autistic themselves  - have autistic parents? 

I’d love to get in touch with you and chat about things. I feel so sad and alone with this; I was the only NT family member growing up.

I’m a mature adult, not a young person. 

we could ring each other, WhatsApp, zoom I don’t mind. It’d be so nice to speak with someone who truly understands.

it’s also so I / we can look to the future with hope and gratitude; not only to share tears of grief.

wishing whoever reads this something joyful today. 

• Hi I believe my mum has autism but so do I and half of my family. You need to look at the positives of what she brings with her autism. And be loving towards her, she may reciprocate. 

• Hi aidie 

thanks for your lovely welcome:)

I always knew there was “something” with my Dad. Loud monologues, no friends, etc but my Mum presents differently: quiet, no eye contact, nothing was ever good enough, no praise or hugs, no visible emotions, no concept of or interest in other people’s feelings or situations, can’t analyse or plan ahead and controlled others in the family etc But she seems to have friends, although none close.

how would you say females with autism  present differently to males? 

hope your day went ok 

• you can stay in here and chat :)