New member here - trying to get some advices for a diagnosis journey

Hi! I'm 17, almost 18, years old. I've always felt different since I was very young. I also have sensory and social issues, but people always told me that I am weird or eccentric. 

When I started going to my psychiatrist, after one sitting, she immediately gave my parents a questionare on the ASD, and then she asked me some questions. After that, she said that she thinks I am autistic and she transitioned me to a psychologist for an assessment about the autism suspicion. But the psychologist said that I am "too normal to be autistic", and after that, I again felt so misunderstood.

Fast forward to the beggining of 2021, my Psychology teacher told me that she suspected autism in me and that I should try to really get the diagnosis.

I consider myself autistic because I can relate to so many things that people with a formal diagnosis experience.

Thank you for your advices and help. 

Parents
  • not sure where to start ..... it just such a messy way to deal with a person ( you )  one says autism other says no ,,,, ????? 

did u go to your GP and ask for a autism assessment  ? ---- just say your psychiatrist  suspected your where and u would now like a formal assessment to get to some sort of diagnosis  ( autistic, social anxiety, ADHD ,,OCD other ) 

is that your issue,,,,  that u have been left in a limbo?

• not sure where to start ..... it just such a messy way to deal with a person ( you )  one says autism other says no ,,,, ????? 

did u go to your GP and ask for a autism assessment  ? ---- just say your psychiatrist  suspected your where and u would now like a formal assessment to get to some sort of diagnosis  ( autistic, social anxiety, ADHD ,,OCD other ) 

is that your issue,,,,  that u have been left in a limbo?

Children
No Data