Late autism diagnosis, now it all makes sense

Anyone been through the same? misdiagnosed, mistreated, misunderstood, now life is easier, know exactly why I am different from others, now there is peace

Parents
  • gee, how long does peace take? diagnosed at 62, 65 now... certainly some things now make more sense........ i no i'm sensitive to just about everything and anything. finally, i no i am NOT nt. i've got to organize my entire life and existence around my asd. lost a number of "friends" in rapid succession. ok, now i get why i was never successful in school, work, uh... well, life.

now trying to scrape my way out. ok, for a rarity, last night i rearranged a bunch of those plastic boxes holding various hardware in the little bins. was able to attend to it and it all went well. wouldn't really have been able to do that very well before. now, that activity kind of makes sense. also, finding that it is kind of enjoyable. never new that b4. it was mainly just frustrating and flailing away. then giving up.

happy friday. lol.

• gee, how long does peace take? diagnosed at 62, 65 now... certainly some things now make more sense........ i no i'm sensitive to just about everything and anything. finally, i no i am NOT nt. i've got to organize my entire life and existence around my asd. lost a number of "friends" in rapid succession. ok, now i get why i was never successful in school, work, uh... well, life.

now trying to scrape my way out. ok, for a rarity, last night i rearranged a bunch of those plastic boxes holding various hardware in the little bins. was able to attend to it and it all went well. wouldn't really have been able to do that very well before. now, that activity kind of makes sense. also, finding that it is kind of enjoyable. never new that b4. it was mainly just frustrating and flailing away. then giving up.

happy friday. lol.

Children
No Data