Hi

Hi,

I'm Tallis and I'm 18 years old. I have recently been referred for autism by my GP after going to see them once I turned 18 at the advice of my school nurse because my parents, despite having the suggestion brought up many times throughout my childhood, felt seeking a diagnosis would give me an excuse to stop trying at things I found difficult. So I'm now on the waiting list for a triage appointment for BASS and I'm really not liking the uncertainty on how long anything is going to take or what it is going to involve but I feel extremely anxious about contacting anyone to ask them so I'm on here instead looking at other people's experiences to get an idea of how things work.

I really love orchid species, so if anyone wants to talk to me about orchids and their ecology and conservation I would be delighted to chat.

• forgot to say Welcome to this forum Slight smile

• Your parents where probably correct, so respect to them, but now u need to know. 

As a parent it is very difficult decision to make ,,, possibly label my kid,  or not and  let them go try everything because they are prefect. My mum did just that she denied anyone who tried to say I was autistic so I believed I was neurotypical and ploughed into the world of work with no boundaries. I also had no perceived ideas of "Them nasty NTs" and us oppressed autistics. 

if u can get into orchid breeding u can make a mint especially in Japan ( Japanese orchids ) and indeed save endangered species around the world so I reckon thats your role in this world and its a very important one.