My son was recently diagnosed; and I wouldn't change him for the World!

Hello everyone! My name is Jen.

I have a 10 year old (almost 11 now...eek!). He was diagnosed under the BOSA model that the NHS have used during the Pandemic. The process has been rather long winded. He doesn't require an EHCP at present. 

He is such an interesting boy. He amazes me loads. 

I had also been referred for an ASD assessment, but didn't pursue it. 

First time posting here here, so I thought I would introduce myself. 

I could go on and on about how amazing (and frustrating) the small human is! He has overcome many things with support of play therapy, counselling, sensory circuits etc.

Home schooling has been a challenge, but almost a year after it first started we are doing alright, I think! 

Waffle, waffle 

Jen 

Pleased to meet you all xxx

Parents
  • Hello Jen,

wellcome to the forum and I am pleased to meet you too. I am so happy to read of your pride in your son, he seems very happy in himself. What a difference to read about a positive story about someone on the spectrum. Have you read about Dr Temple Grandin or seen the film of her life? I mention this as she too had a very supportive mother who pushed her to overcome her difficulties. I wish you both well.

• Hello Jen,

wellcome to the forum and I am pleased to meet you too. I am so happy to read of your pride in your son, he seems very happy in himself. What a difference to read about a positive story about someone on the spectrum. Have you read about Dr Temple Grandin or seen the film of her life? I mention this as she too had a very supportive mother who pushed her to overcome her difficulties. I wish you both well.

Children
No Data