New and NT

Hi all, 

I`am reading here and watching different youtube channel + read some books for the last few weeks. I`am dating an Autistic since October and we are struggling, but I cant talk about it to anyone because I would think it's treason. So I ll go on reading.

Parents
  • Think I get this, so you're not happy asking for advice on a relationship because that seems like betrayal to your OH ? But you're here to get insight into their thinking because of their autism....

No harm in seeking relationship advice if you're not sure what to do or things aren't making much sense with your partner. The way I see it non-autistics  are just as ready to seek advice about their partner if they're not sure where things are headed or what they need to do. It's part of human nature that in uncertainty we seek out more information to make the best decision.

Though I think I'm with you. When I was dating I was very private about it (after I learned gossip was a thing and can be very destructive and not everyone is discreet) so I never asked anybody for advice when my relationships went through a rocky patch... which never ended well because I never understood the relationship "rules", or how to read my partner, all that kind of stuff.

Some general advice and pointers might help > https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/family-life-and-relationships/family-life/partners is a good place to start. 

• Think I get this, so you're not happy asking for advice on a relationship because that seems like betrayal to your OH ? But you're here to get insight into their thinking because of their autism....

No harm in seeking relationship advice if you're not sure what to do or things aren't making much sense with your partner. The way I see it non-autistics  are just as ready to seek advice about their partner if they're not sure where things are headed or what they need to do. It's part of human nature that in uncertainty we seek out more information to make the best decision.

Though I think I'm with you. When I was dating I was very private about it (after I learned gossip was a thing and can be very destructive and not everyone is discreet) so I never asked anybody for advice when my relationships went through a rocky patch... which never ended well because I never understood the relationship "rules", or how to read my partner, all that kind of stuff.

Some general advice and pointers might help > https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/family-life-and-relationships/family-life/partners is a good place to start. 

Children
No Data