Hi There.

Hello, to cut a long story short, I landed here researching the various traits of the spectrum in order to help a recent diagnosis of a young family member and subsequently having the realisation that I am almost certain that I myself along with other members of the family have been suffering these symptoms for most of our lives without knowing it.

Yes it's quite a shock and continues to be so looking back yet at the same time now so obvious in hindsight. Better late than never they say.

So I guess I am here for all of us, one already diagnosed, myself at the very beginning of the process and possibly others to follow. God, where do I start ?

Anyway, I like Music, Nature, Travel, Spirituality, Reading and more.

Kind regards.

Parents
  • Hi Turtle,

Welcome to this forum for autistic adults Slight smile

Are you saying you are self diagnosed ? ,,, sorry,,  my reading comprehension isnt so good, if someone uses a style i am not used to. 

• Hi

Thank you. 

Are you saying you are self diagnosed ?

For now yes. It seems I have a lot to do before I may get an assessment according to my GP. 

• Congratulations on your sobriety and thanks for your honesty. 

I probably would have already been in treatment only for covid.

I've made contact with a local group awaiting their proposals.  

• i was thinking of attending an AA ( alcoholic anonymous ) meetings  but managed to do it myself  but it was going to be next if the book hadnt worked.

• i started making rules whereby i was only allowed to drink certain strengths of beer and or wine 

then i kept lowering them

then by accident i came across a book in a charity shop called " How to beat alcoholism " by Allen Carr ( i knew him from his stop smoking books ) 

anyways I read it and stopped drinking next day. I made sure I never walked down the alcohol isle in the supermarket. I dont let any wine bottle or drink bottles be in same room as me. so remove anything linked to u self medication. Had to ask all relative not to buy me alcohol at xmas. If they do I take a walk and give them away immediately Slight smile

• i started making rules whereby i was only allowed to drink certain strengths of beer and or wine 

then i kept lowering them

then by accident i came across a book in a charity shop called " How to beat alcoholism " by Allen Carr ( i knew him from his stop smoking books ) 

anyways I read it and stopped drinking next day. I made sure I never walked down the alcohol isle in the supermarket. I dont let any wine bottle or drink bottles be in same room as me. so remove anything linked to u self medication. Had to ask all relative not to buy me alcohol at xmas. If they do I take a walk and give them away immediately Slight smile

Children