Hi There.

Hello, to cut a long story short, I landed here researching the various traits of the spectrum in order to help a recent diagnosis of a young family member and subsequently having the realisation that I am almost certain that I myself along with other members of the family have been suffering these symptoms for most of our lives without knowing it.

Yes it's quite a shock and continues to be so looking back yet at the same time now so obvious in hindsight. Better late than never they say.

So I guess I am here for all of us, one already diagnosed, myself at the very beginning of the process and possibly others to follow. God, where do I start ?

Anyway, I like Music, Nature, Travel, Spirituality, Reading and more.

Kind regards.

Parents
  • Hello Turtle welcome to the forum if you want to know for sure if you have autism I suggest making an appointment with your GP to get a referral that might takes months or years to be seen another way is to go private for a autism assessment it cost quite a bit between £800-£1200 is the average cost it cost me £1200 so very expensive but I could luckily just about afford it but for me it was worth it.

• Hi

Thank you. Yes I've been in contact with my GP. 

That's a lot of money ! It could be an option in the near future for me. I don't believe in Private Health Care but I may have to consider it.

At the moment I'm struggling to find resources on specific traits and their treatment/management as it all seems fairly vague in the mainstream.  

• Hi

Thank you. Yes I've been in contact with my GP. 

That's a lot of money ! It could be an option in the near future for me. I don't believe in Private Health Care but I may have to consider it.

At the moment I'm struggling to find resources on specific traits and their treatment/management as it all seems fairly vague in the mainstream.  

Children