Introduction!

Hello, I am new here!

I am Alexandrine, 33yo, living in Oxford. Occupations are Electrical design engineer in the research for nuclear fusion energy and local politician.

I have been diagnosed last year. My special interests are activism to set the world right, video games, and medical stuff.

Still a bit struggling with acceptance, kinda sad to not be able to fit it as I am very aware of my difficulty and it has a toll on my mental health. Working from home has been a blessing but social events on Zoom are a harsh reminder of reality. But that's life I guess. 

Anyway, happy to be in touch with whoever want to ! Slight smile

Parents
  • Hi Alex, or do you prefer Alexandrine? I'm Natalie, welcome Slight smile My son thinks nuclear fusion is the way forward, he's 16 and was diagnosed a few years ago. How did you manage with schooling and getting a job? If you don't mind me asking? And why diagnosed so late? Slight smile

• Hello! Your son and I agree then :).

There is a link in my profile that explain all of that (I think I can't post it here) 

Well I did what I could, lots of masking, not knowing what was wrong with me. After many struggles and breakdown, I was seen by the GP who gave me meds against OCD + panic attacks.

One day I saw a youtube video explaining autism in women and it clicked. It described my life so I self-referred myself for a diagnosis. Slight smile

• Hello! Your son and I agree then :).

There is a link in my profile that explain all of that (I think I can't post it here) 

Well I did what I could, lots of masking, not knowing what was wrong with me. After many struggles and breakdown, I was seen by the GP who gave me meds against OCD + panic attacks.

One day I saw a youtube video explaining autism in women and it clicked. It described my life so I self-referred myself for a diagnosis. Slight smile

Children