Afternoon,

I have 17 (nearly 18) son who was diagnosed in 2019 and a 5 (nearly 6) son who is currently on the ASD pathway.

Neither of the boys are interested in doing educational work at home, they are both very much home is chill zone. I'm not so worried about my youngest but the eldest is the big issue. How on earth do I get him to do the work (or at least some of it)?

Thanks

Parents
  • do u have a husband / partner  to back you up on your concern ?

does the 18 year old have gcse or similar ? has he any idea what he wants to do when he grows up ? is he capable of work ?

if possible get the 18 year old to support your quest to get  5 year old to do his homework --- use sibling power + mum power  + ( partner power )

• do u have a husband / partner  to back you up on your concern ?

does the 18 year old have gcse or similar ? has he any idea what he wants to do when he grows up ? is he capable of work ?

if possible get the 18 year old to support your quest to get  5 year old to do his homework --- use sibling power + mum power  + ( partner power )

Children
  • That's a really good idea Aidie - getting him to help you with your youngest - to show him how it's done - it will make him feel you value his help and get him to realise how important it is for him to look like a great big brother, at the same time.