Life quality

Hello everyone, 

My name is Charlie. I live in Denmark with my wife and two kids - both kids are on the spectrum in each their way Slight smile

I'd really like to get some input from all of you regarding: 

1. Do you feel content (edited from contempt) with the quality of life you are living?

2. What efforts are you making to improve you life?

I'll kick in with my own experiences along the way - but first I'd really like to hear your experiences.

All the best, 

Charlie

Parents
  • 1. Do you feel content with the quality of life you are living?

- In general yes, but I find myself catastrophizing if I'm stressed/overwhelmed.

-Eating well and healthily

-Reconnecting with emotions, even the uncomfortable ones. (using a mood chart)

-Meditative practices/daily Tai Chi

-Conscious living and allowing myself to "be".

-Limiting activities I know are draining 

-Read more and a greater variety of books

-Reading biographies/testimonies of autism

-Building in self-management strategies in daily life (i.e. breaks between tasks, try not to do things on autopilot)

-Taking care of the physical environment (cleaning it and not learning to live with "dirt")

-Be kind to myself on the rough days 

• 1. Do you feel content with the quality of life you are living?

- In general yes, but I find myself catastrophizing if I'm stressed/overwhelmed.

-Eating well and healthily

-Reconnecting with emotions, even the uncomfortable ones. (using a mood chart)

-Meditative practices/daily Tai Chi

-Conscious living and allowing myself to "be".

-Limiting activities I know are draining 

-Read more and a greater variety of books

-Reading biographies/testimonies of autism

-Building in self-management strategies in daily life (i.e. breaks between tasks, try not to do things on autopilot)

-Taking care of the physical environment (cleaning it and not learning to live with "dirt")

-Be kind to myself on the rough days 

Children
  • Thanks for the brilliant list

The word catastrophizing is new to me, but it really hits the bulls eye. I'm at the end on one of those exacts days. I have not been present at all today. I've been in a constant state of panic and catastrophic thinking all day.  So it really helps to hear someone else put it so simple into one word. Catastrophizing. I'll use that in the future. Thanks!