Life quality

Hello everyone, 

My name is Charlie. I live in Denmark with my wife and two kids - both kids are on the spectrum in each their way Slight smile

I'd really like to get some input from all of you regarding: 

1. Do you feel content (edited from contempt) with the quality of life you are living?

2. What efforts are you making to improve you life?

I'll kick in with my own experiences along the way - but first I'd really like to hear your experiences.

All the best, 

Charlie

Parents
  • Maybe you mean content, not contempt?

Yes, I feel content, as much as any NT. Childhood from 4-19 was hard, but then started getting ok, then good.

I'm trying to learn how to respond better to flirting and moves as i find getting into relationships impossible.

The page takes a long time to load because of the graphic which might explain the low response rate. You can edit and remove it.

• You are absolutely right. I means content :) And thanks for the heads up regarding the graphic. Fixed that as well. 

Happy to hear that you feel content after "surviving" childhood and teens. I definitely recognize the hardship of those years. However, my twenties and start thirties very pretty intense as well. Graduating university and having a career job really took a toll on me. It wasn't until last year, when my autism was discovered that life has started to make sense :) 

• You are absolutely right. I means content :) And thanks for the heads up regarding the graphic. Fixed that as well. 

Happy to hear that you feel content after "surviving" childhood and teens. I definitely recognize the hardship of those years. However, my twenties and start thirties very pretty intense as well. Graduating university and having a career job really took a toll on me. It wasn't until last year, when my autism was discovered that life has started to make sense :) 

Children
  • A friend said to me once in my late twenties, "It must be hard being Mark W*#&*." I didn't know what he meant, but I knew it was meaningful. Now I'm learning about autism traits I understand how much effort life was, and sometimes is. This autumn I was watching some people in a pub chatting and I could see how relaxed they were, like their brains weren't working. I can be content in situations like that, but don't think i ever experience being relaxed.